David Mann come with 40 years’ experience in the media, best known as ‘Mann About Town’, with 3AW. David also runs his own marketing and public relations company ‘Mann Promotions Pty Ltd’ that consults to many companies and not-for-profit organisations around Australia.
David has a strong community philosophy and over the years has contributed his knowledge and was awarded an Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in the ‘Australia Day National Honours List’ in January 2006: “For service to the community through a range of police, nursing, heritage and emergency services organisations.
David’s Government Appointments Include:
- Former Member Australia Day Committee (Victoria)
- Chair Ministerial Small Business Advisory Council
- Chair Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Day Community Council
- Deputy Chair Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation
- Chair Mount Macedon Memorial Cross Reserve Committee of Management
Australian customer service standards.
David’s Other Appointments Include:
- Appointed to the Board of the Connected Communities Melbourne Foundation – January 2017
- Elected as Chairman Entertainment Assist – January 2017
- Elected as Chairman Blue Ribbon Foundation – December 2016
- Awarded Life Membership of the International Order of Old Bastards – December 2016
- Appointed to the Board of The Production Company – August 2016
- Appointed to the Board of Chisholm Institute – July 2016
- Appointed Inaugural Ambassador for The Small Business Mentoring Service – June 2016
- Awarded the Life Education Richard Williams OAM Award for “Contribution to Community” – May 2016
- Awarded the “inaugural ambassadorship” for NHW Victoria – October 2013
- Awarded the 41 Club Tony Charlton award for service to media and community – August 2013
- Appointed as Chairman of the Mt Macedon Memorial Cross Reserve Committee of Management – June 2013
- Appointed Deputy Chairman Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation – February 2013
- Appointed an Ambassador for the Marsh Foundation, headed up by Dr David Marsh OAM
- Appointed as a Director of the Queen Victoria Market Board – July 2012
- Appointed to the Support Act Victoria Board – July 2012
- Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games Advisory Board – June 2012
- Melbourne City Council Moomba Festival Board – March 2011
- Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation Fundraising and Marketing Committee -February 2011
- Advisory Board Starlight Children’s Charity -Victoria – 2010
- Ambassador for the Healthy Parks, Healthy People International Congress – 2010
- Life membership of the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation – July 2009
- Ambassador to Victoria’s Small Business Festival
- Australia Day Committee Victoria as an Australia Day Ambassador – in November 2008
David’s Past Appointments Include:
Chair of the Ministerial Crime Prevention Council, Chair of the Royal District Nursing Service, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and President of the Victorian Radio Time Club – plus appointments to more than a dozen committees over many years.
In 2003, David was presented with the Sir John Reid Community Service award by the Rotary Club of Melbourne for ‘Outstanding Services to the Community’ – and in December 2003, he was made a patron of the Hanging Rock Racing Club.
David has travelled extensively over the past 20 years working with Emergency Services across the United States. He lectures to Emergency Service personnel on the role of the media in Australia – and the organisation of Emergency Services in the United States.
In recognition of his dedication to Emergency Services, David was awarded a ‘Centenary Medal’ by the Governor General in April 2003.